Question:
what to do if a child has mumps?
2006-04-10 17:27:55 UTC
what to do if a child has mumps?
Fifteen answers:
isaac_leibnitz
2006-04-10 17:31:37 UTC
In cases without complications, mumps is treated with bed rest and care at home.

Home treatment includes medicines you can buy without a prescription to relieve pain and reduce fever. Acetaminophen (for example, Tylenol) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (for example, Advil, Motrin, Aleve) are often used. Do not give aspirin to anyone younger than 20 because of its link to a rare but serious illness called Reye's syndrome.

Complications may require treatment in the hospital. Medications to relieve pain associated with orchitis, meningitis, pancreatitis, and other complications may be given. Treatment with other medications, such as interferon for severe orchitis, is experimental. Antibiotics are not given to treat mumps or other viral infections.
kadel
2006-04-10 17:48:39 UTC
Call a doctor or go to the emergency room. Also get your child the measles mumps and rubella shot so the child doesn't get anymore of the nasty diseases
niceguyjbw
2006-04-10 17:30:19 UTC
i HEARD mumps was back. i haven't even heard of anyone catching mumps in like 20 yrs.take them to doctor
freidin
2016-09-25 21:45:34 UTC
surely no longer. What an appalling suggestion. The vaccine is plenty, a procedures safer than the wild ailment. There are numerous problems including your reasoning. First, the triple MMR vaccine is likely certainly one of the main secure vaccines there is, given the point of scrutiny. the single vaccines are not authorized contained in the united kingdom, by way of fact they have not surpassed the united kingdom's risk-free practices and effectiveness sorting out! Giving it extremely of the MMR is thoroughly and fully nonsensical. organic exposure to three illnesses will supply longer immunity than the vaccine, however the MMR is oftentimes sturdy for existence. maximum adults won't require a booster. " I even have made my determination and the negative aspects a procedures outweigh the advantages " properly, no they do no longer. Your "analyze" is very incorrect. " in case you have been to good do you analyze extremely than happening media assumptions and propaganda.." it relatively is strictly what you have finished. The technological know-how says there is not any link between the MMR and autism, and that the vaccine is plenty safer than the illnesses it prevents. The evidence is very one sided. " I even have additionally considered first hand as I even have labored with babies and adults with autism and considered the develop contained in the form of youngsters with autism who've had the MMR - numbers do no longer in easy terms develop like that by employing twist of destiny." that could frequently be attributed to broadening of the definition. only by way of fact 2 activities take place in an analogous timeframe would not inevitably mean one led to the different. The question is could I demonstrate my son or no longer? No, no longer while there's a secure and useful vaccine obtainable.
Anonymous
2006-04-10 17:29:02 UTC
Go To A Doctor.
kimber1731
2006-04-10 21:12:59 UTC
If your child is a boy do not let him walk around. I have heard that this can cause a male child to be sterile . Definetly take him to a doctor and ask your doctor about this .
Punk Rock Princess
2006-04-10 17:30:05 UTC
go 2 a doctor
landonsis
2006-04-10 17:30:21 UTC
didnt ur child get a MUMPS needle be4?? well u should get it.. frm ur family doctor
harley_marie04
2006-04-10 18:53:59 UTC
i would take your child to the er and i would be sure to ask for a mask right away as not to contaminate the other patients or the medical staff.
sheilasheila44
2006-04-10 17:30:45 UTC
oh how unlucky is that for your child, um i remember my mum having me in a dark room and somthing around my jaw , i cannot remember much of that so i must have been in pain.

not to much help to you though sorry.
♥tropicalparadice29♥
2006-04-10 17:29:58 UTC
See a doctor who will subscibe medicine to cure it.
?born2lose?
2006-04-10 17:29:52 UTC
Take them to the emergency room! What do you think you should do?
bratangelbaby
2006-04-10 17:29:27 UTC
i say go to a doctor
fetson2000